Have you done 20 layouts in a day? I have!

I recently had a chance to take an amazing class that was very different from your usual scrapbook classes.  This was a class where you brought all your own stuff for the layouts!  Wow!  Using your own stuff?  What a brilliant concept!  Lordy knows we all have a crap load of scrappy stuff in our craft rooms.  We definitely need to start using some of it.


In this class we were told we were going to be doing 20 layouts in a day.  What?  Say that again!  20 layouts!  You're kidding!  Nope.  A few weeks before the class we were sent sketches and instructions of what to bring.  So we designed our own page kits.  She told us what types of paper, and what minimum sizes were needed.  It took a while to put the kits together but it had me going through my papers.  I saw a lot of papers that I forgot I had!  So fun!

It was a very full day...for sure!  Each layout went fairly quickly.  You needed to keep on your toes.  I didn't completely finish any of my layouts, but I have the base of each page done, along with photos.  So at home I just have to add embellishments and a title.  It usually takes me over four hours to do just one page!  This is absolutely amazing!  After this class I definitely needed a drink.  

I will start posting some of these layouts soon.  So make sure you sign up for my posts by email so you don't miss out!

I want to thank the wonderful instructor of this class...Jennifer Edwardson.  She is such a wonderful teacher and makes it fun, even though we are working quickly.  Her website is http://scrapbookinadventures.blogspot.com, and the class is called UYOP 20 Layout Workshop.  So if you get a chance to take a class from her...do so.  It was a great experience.  I so want to do it again!

UPDATE:  The next UYOP 20 Layout Workshop will be on January 30th, 2016!  Registration opens this Wednesday, November 25th, 2015.  Don't delay....


Labels: , , ,