CSI #164 - Invent Layout

I am in love with the website:

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/

It's just like a police precinct for scrapbookers!  I love playing "detective".  I have been trolling the site for quite a while...just not sure if I could find time to participate.  Well, I decided to give it a try!  So this is my very first layout on CSI!


For those of you that aren't familiar with this website, the layout plans are called "Case Files".  You are to use all the colors (5 of them), picks 2 items to use on the layout out of "Evidence", and pick 1 clue from the "Testimony" selections (which are to do with journaling).

So with this layout I used all the colors.  From Evidence I picked to use cogs/gears, and brads.  I cut all the gears out on my Cricut Explore.  I love being able to use my machine to make things like that all different sizes.  The brads I put in the middle of a few gears on some ribbon pieces.  The letters were also cut on my Cricut Explore.  Then I doodled around the letters to make them pop!  And of course you can't forget the added border called the "drunken friend".  It's just a pen line all the way around the edge of your layout, and another squiggly line over it.  After all...everyone needs a drunken friend, right?  LOL!

For the journaling (Testimony), I picked "Invent" (one of the Inspiration Words).  I used that as the title, then journaled on the back..."My son doing an experiment for school on if you can compost liquids. I'm so amazed with the way my son's brain works! He comes up with some fantastic and original ideas!".



Labels: , , , , , ,