Scrapbook Carnival 2010 - Day 1

OMG! What an amazing day!

I arrived and got my space setup in the crop area. They gave me a huge goodie bag! But I didn't really have time to go through it. I had a class to go to in half and hour, and I wanted to start on my layout for the contest before I left for the class.



My first class was making cards with one stamp and one palette. It was taught by an awesome lady--Cathie Allan! She has been working with stamps for 25 years. She is so knowledgable and full of amazing stamping tips. What a delight! We made some beautiful cards. I will post some pics of them as soon as I finish them. It was a whirlwind of a class with lots of technique. So much so that we didn't have time to completely finish each card. But that's okay. I would rather learn more technique in the class than spend it assembling the cards. Thanks so much, Cathie!





I then went back to my crop space and worked on my layout for the contest. I had the idea to do a page on my son beside Jack McCall in Deadwood. We went there last summer. The page will be called "The Trial of Jack McCall". I even made a noose out of natural twine. It is going to look awesome!

I also spent some of the break between classes to do a bit of shopping (of course)! There were a lot of booths to shop at, but not as many as last year. But I still bought a bunch of stuff! I had no problem there! I'll be doing some videos soon, showing you all what I bought there. Lots of delicious goodies! You can never have too many scrapbooking supplies, right?

The second class was a little outside the box. I'm not used to getting so messy! We played with Mod Podge! We did a sort of patchwork page using all sorts of scraps of paper. We then cut out a heart and used it as a mask to cover part of the page. We then painted the rest of the page with white paint (mixed with water). It turned out fairly nice, but I still think that Mod Podge is pretty messy! You'll see pictures of that page coming soon. I even won a little prize in that class. She gave away a little bag of trinkets to use on a page. These were supplied by The Steam Trunk (www.thesteamtrunk.com). I won because today was my birthday!

Yes, what a wonderful birthday this was! I went out for chinese food with my hubby and son after my son helped a friend setup his band at a Calgary venue.

Well, that was my day. Now to bed and on to day 2 tomorrow!